This is a question that gets asked quite a lot. Watch a quick video of sites from all over the world that are based on Joomla.
While watching the video, keep in mind these points about Joomla:
- It is VERY robust right out of the box.
- If you need more versatility or functionality, there are 8000+ add-ons (and counting) that can extend an already robust platform.
- Creating content is simple.
- Searchable, friendly, and sociable making it easy for folks to not only find your site but the content within your site.
- Advanced access control system allows you, the client, to completely control what is seen by your customers.
- Easy to override what is there. If something does not work exactly like you intended, it is easy to override the functionality without losing these changes the next time you upgrade any of the software.
- Display your website Anywhere, Anytime, Any Device.
- Supports 100's of languages. Internationalization is not a problem.
- Keeps your site safe and secure.